BS&A Software - Bad experience | Glassdoor

"Bad experience"

Former Employee - Slave in Bath, MI
Former Employee - Slave in Bath, MI

I worked at BS&A Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I had something positive to say about working here. They seemed friendly enough in the interviewing process and promised big things. Once I signed on the dotted line, everything changed and it was a nightmare.

Cons

- Long hours (12+ a day + weekends)
- Low pay -- 15K below what I was really worth. Since this was my first job, I naively took it thinking I would get paid in experience -- BIG MISTAKE.
- Rude, aggressive, management that tries to bully and intimidate you
- Policies not laid out, you have to read minds and be totally in sync with what these people expect
- Politics and cronyism to a cancerous degree

The time table on my project was suddenly cut in half without any explanation given. I was already working 60 hours a week. Apparently, this wasn't enough and the partner assigned to "mentor" me accused me of lying to him, questioned my integrity, and personally insulted me to try to bully and squeeze more productivity out of me.

I never understood the underhandedness or two-faced approach to running a company, but these people have it down to a science.

Advice to Management

Your software isn't that wonderful and you aren't the best or most successful start-up. Stop treating your employees like dirt. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Other Employee Reviews for BS&A Software

1. "My other family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bath, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From my first day here, I felt welcomed into a warm and friendly family. I showed my dedication and worked hard, which did not go unnoticed. There were acknowledgements that were not only given at the time of my annual reviews; they were given through the year. If you have any ideas and/or questions they are responded and answered.

It has been portrayed that everyone in our company is important and that makes a great company. Not only am I reflected in my work but that is also reflected for this company and I believe my co-workers and I take pride in what we do every day to make this company stand out. Not a lot of people can say that they enjoy coming to work every day but I am glad that I am one of those people!

Cons

Lines of communication between management and employees were laxed but I have seen them improve significantly in the last year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The employees look up to your hard work and appreciate the many praises that are given. Don't forget to mention the little things that are noticed to your employees...we really appreciate it!

2. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Support in Bath, MI
    Current Employee - Software Support in Bath, MI

I have been working at BS&A Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have enjoyed working at BS&A with a respectable salary, great benefits such as profit sharing bonuses, 401K, health insurance, to name a few as well as suprise gifts for doing a great job. Detailed job reviews are done on a regular basis where obtainable goals are reviewed and set. It's great to know what is expected and where I need to advance.
    New office building and updated workstations. BS&A management is working on growing the company and yet keeping home town atmosphere. They continue to provide new tools for employees to accomplish our jobs more efficiently.

Cons

Communication can always be improved no matter the company. As the company grows hopefully management will continue to inform employees of the direction they are taking.