BUCA - Adequate. | Glassdoor

"Adequate."

Current Employee - Server in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Server in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Flexible Schedule, decent income, overall as a server you have a fair amount of autonomy. In addition, it is a great place to work closely with people and an excellent place to make friends.

Cons

The management structure is extremely autocratic and there is little room for input. Also, there is no leadership in the organization, meaning that the company does not work to develop individuals through coaching and providing clear feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for BUCA

1. "Overall, worth the money"

Current Employee - Server in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Server in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Good money, flexible scheduling, Hard to get fired.

Cons

Huge Restaurant, Lots of Drama between employees, very few managers for the size of restaurant.

Advice to Management

Take time to serve at Buca before trying to understand the servers and Wait assistants

2. "The local management is great, the corporate not so much."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Pros

On the local level, the employees are competent and fun to be around. I do genuinely enjoy going in to work. The managers are supportive of their employees lives outside the business and are very willing to work with employees regarding scheduling and time off. I cannot express enough praise for my local and regional managers. They are truly amazing and always make me feel valued as an employee and as a person.

Cons

Slowly but surely the corporate HQ hands down more and more burdens on employees whilst taking away benefits. In this industry, you're going to work holidays, and all employees know that and are prepared to do that. However, holiday hours were extended so much over the past couple years that employees have almost no time to be with their families. While I feel valued by my local and regional managers, I cannot say I feel valued at all on a corporate level.