BUCA - waitress | Glassdoor

"waitress"

Current Employee - Waitress in Lynnwood, WA
Current Employee - Waitress in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at BUCA part-time (More than a year)

Pros

coolest co workers, immediate cash, sick leave.

Cons

Long hours, no more auto-gratuity on parties of 8 or more, being forced to work on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, ect.) Large corporate company that can't afford to supply uniforms, but make the servers buy the expensive white dress shirts that they make you wear in an ITALIAN restaurant that serves MARINARA AND WINE, and make them take them to the dry cleaners. Having to shove stupid promotions down people's throats while they are trying to enjoy their meal. You're just a number.

Advice to Management

Get it together.

Other Employee Reviews for BUCA

1. "quality product, great facility,"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at BUCA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

quality product, great facility, good concept and sound philosphy for team building and a great recipe book without an exception

Cons

management cliques make newcomers feel excluded and with no hop for a long range plan. a great place for a big party but for a party of four or less it becomes an expensive choice i a market that is flooded with choices

Advice to Management

when moving into a new market listen to the local talent hired to adapt to local market conditions

2. "Loved working at Buca"

Former Employee - Hostess in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at BUCA part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff/management to work with
    Decent pay (hence the 4 stars)
    Fun environment
    You get to try the food when you first work there and when new items are featured on the menu!

Cons

Not enough hours, this was my only issue when I worked here. Especially for a loyal employee who wants to work and cover other peoples' shifts.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! They do a great job at keeping the environment fun and upbeat and that's what keeps happy employees and customers! And When I worked there, I had Gerardo as a manager and he was absolutely amazing. He did a great job at encouraging employees to do what needed to be done in a positive way.