Babies "R" Us - Not the best place I've worked, but not the worst | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Babies "R" Us

"Not the best place I've worked, but not the worst"

Current Employee - Furniture Supervisor
Current Employee - Furniture Supervisor

I have been working at Babies "R" Us full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my particular store, community between employees is great. Running the furniture department isn't a particularly difficult position either, so its not an overly taxing job. It takes focus and awareness of your product and how to best utilize the lousy technology provided, but its not terribly difficult to master.

Cons

Technology is dramatically behind. There are huge gaps in getting help to fix problems (IT issues, lapses in the company giving a crap about their customer, etc). You end up being stared down by an irate customer on a regular basis because there are simply no answers and no one above store-level will help or can find answers for you. A large majority of your time is spent doing things other than what your department requires - think; spending large portions of your day on a register or covering another area because staffing is so thin. Budgets get cut CONSTANTLY. Do not expect to get regular hours if you are not hired into a full time position.

Advice to Management

Pay your supervisors appropriately. They don't make real wages. What happens when minimum goes up? The majority of your supervisors will only be making $2 an hour more than a part timer. UPDATE TECHNOLOGY, period. Too often are supervisors pulled in 1000 different directions - give them working technology, people to work in their department, and stop playing games with them. If a supervisor has spent their entire week emailing, calling and working within their department on issues that the store manager, district manager and numerous other people have not made any effort to help resolve, do not come in and pick apart the fact that a dresser was not dusted or a peg was not filled or a remedy ticket was not filed because some moron didn't send product. There is nothing we can do about it and just as likely, even if we DID have time to worry about such nonsense, there would still be no answers or resolution. Its the story of a supervisor's life. Stop the top-down berating. Happy employees = happy customers = more profits. Pissed off employees = pissed off customers = less profits. Pretty simple equation that TRU/BRU has yet to master.

Other Employee Reviews for Babies "R" Us

1. "Overworked, underpaid and cheated!!!"

Former Employee - Cashier/Back of House in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Back of House in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

None. Pay doesn't reflect work done. I worked there at a time that the minimum wage of 8.25 was to go into effect. So what they did to avoid paying for the minimum wage increase and giving us a raise at the same time was to give everyone's raise early. Like two months early. This way they don't have to pay both a raise and a minimum wage hike. So all in all everyone that that got a so called raise didn't. Does that sound like a company you'd want to work for?

Cons

Spoiler alert!!! They will tell you that they will get you to full time hours but they lie. Its only a part time job. After working there for some time I asked some of the employees about what I was told. They told me it was all a lie and that nobody but managers will get full time. Being a bad time for looking for a new job I was forced to stay. They will keep your hours under 33 to keep from paying any kind of benefits. Don't give them the time or the elbow grease! It's not worth your time!! Wish I could get mine back! For a company so big and with so many financial gains it's a shame to see them treat employees like that!! They should be ashamed to take home big dividends and watch as their employees struggle to pay any kind of bills. If customers found out how bad you treat your employees they might not shop there.

Advice to Management

Spread the wealth, be truthful and don't cheat your employees.

2. "WORK FOR BABIES R US IT IS LIKE A CARRUCER"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Totowa, NJ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Totowa, NJ

I worked at Babies "R" Us full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE,GREAT CO-WORKER AND GOOD TRAINING.

Cons

I can not describe because its to many thing going wrong for example manager i would say its a inconvenient, because he act that the store is a personal business.

Advice to Management

I would say to follow the SOP that are in place.