Backcountry.com - Joining the Herd was been amazing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Backcountry.com

"Joining the Herd was been amazing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Park City, UT
Current Employee - Marketing in Park City, UT

I have been working at Backcountry.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the sense of community here at Backcountry, employees are very friendly helpful to a new hire. There's instant reception and acceptance, invites to go outdoors together and a welcome family vibe.

Cons

Haven't found a single Con, I'm loving every day here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue to invest in your people and it will pay dividends.

Other Employee Reviews for Backcountry.com

"Great Culture and Rewarding Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Park City, UT

I have been working at Backcountry.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working for a company that provides a great experience for customers and helps them get outside, get active and enjoy the activities they love. It’s fun to work for a company with a brand people are excited about. Customers put The Goat on their cars and gear…what other ecommerce company can say that about their logo!?! The number of smart, dedicated people in the org is amazing. There are tons of opportunities to learn and grow. In my experience, senior leadership is made up of real people with integrity who are open to new ideas and want to make the company great. If you work hard, you can advance. Employees are expected to innovate, deliver results, and use the gear we sell.

Cons

There are a lot of initiatives competing for resources and sometimes the hard choices aren’t made on what projects get done, which can lead to wasted effort.

Advice to Management

The additions to the exec team are great. Do fewer things better. Identify fewer key projects and ensure they are supported with the resources they need. Get broader, cross-functional teams involved and align all departments around 3-4 BIG objectives.

"Passionate Hard Core Group"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Park City, UT

I have been working at Backcountry.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Backcountry is a company full of passionate people, excited to work in the outdoor industry. The compensation and benefits are good. There are many perks afforded to its employees such as:
    *Killer Gear Deals - these come in many forms.
    *Green living benefits - Backcountry provides CSA subsidies to employees as well as Energy rebate matching. Carpooling and Rideshare programs are also subsidized.
    *Company events - Adventure Contest and Party, Kids in Nature activities, Group rides, Ski days, Payday BBQ's etc.

As a welcomed change the company has become more family friendly in recent years.

I love this company and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Park City is a beautiful place to work. The trails are amazing there. I don't mind commuting for these reasons but sometimes I would like to work a bit closer to home.

Advice to Management

Thanks for striving to Make Backcountry.com a great place to work.