Bain & Company - Exceeded my expectations across the board for a post-MBA roll | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Exceeded my expectations across the board for a post-MBA roll"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This is an incredible place - I've been stretched so much and yet so strongly supported, it's been both a hell of a learning experience and a hell of a lot of fun. The laser-focus on resluts is invigorating and effective and it's inspiring to see the impact we can make at clients. My biggest concern choosing Bain over a competitor was that the companies might be less 'premier' but my first few projects have all involved co-creating strategy at the C-level of Fortune 100 companies. Now I'm actually hoping to getting experience at a smaller/privately held company. I can't recommend this place highly enough, as an empoyer or business partner.

Cons

You will work hard, and long. If you're not someone who can get passionate about transforming a client's business, it would be hard to sustain the enrgy level necessary to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

"Great place to work if you are passionate about solving business problems"

Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY

Pros

*Work on really interesting and important problems
    *Lots of formal and informal training that help you get valuable skills for the future
    *Wonderful group of people who are fun to spend time with

Cons

*Hours can be long sometimes
    *Most travel cases are two nights a week, which is managable, but a minority are three nights a week which can be tough
    *Work can be stressful. It's important that you actually care about solving the problem and helping the clients. If you do, then that helps make it through difficult situations. If you don't really care, then this isn't the right job for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to give excellent coaching and make yourselves available to the teams. Always manage the clients' expectations to avoid scoop creep. (Most partners are good at this).

2. "Great Coworkers"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

work hard/play hard
    great co-workers
    good benefits

Cons

poor management of administrative staff