Bain & Company - They care about you here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"They care about you here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I am always amazed how flexible Bain management will be to accomodate personal needs. Time off, or reducing travel or different staffing. It feels like they really care about me as a person.

Cons

We are on the road a lot...this is a hard job.

Advice to Management

We do a good job with providing externships, but I think we coule even offer more externships...not just for SACs, but for all levels.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "Bain has been full of learning and professional development - there's no place else I would have rather started out."

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

-Professional development opportunities
    -Individual impact to case teams, clients, and firm
    -Fun colleagues to work with
    -Heavy focus on mentoring
    -Frequent office-bonding events

Cons

-Though managers usually try to mitigate it, the hours can sometimes be long and unpredictable
    -If you don't like to travel, the job can be rough (even though we travel probably less than other consulting firms)

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Exceeded my expectations across the board for a post-MBA roll"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

This is an incredible place - I've been stretched so much and yet so strongly supported, it's been both a hell of a learning experience and a hell of a lot of fun. The laser-focus on resluts is invigorating and effective and it's inspiring to see the impact we can make at clients. My biggest concern choosing Bain over a competitor was that the companies might be less 'premier' but my first few projects have all involved co-creating strategy at the C-level of Fortune 100 companies. Now I'm actually hoping to getting experience at a smaller/privately held company. I can't recommend this place highly enough, as an empoyer or business partner.

Cons

You will work hard, and long. If you're not someone who can get passionate about transforming a client's business, it would be hard to sustain the enrgy level necessary to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.