Bain & Company - Bain provided the best post-graduate Business education I could have received at any job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Bain provided the best post-graduate Business education I could have received at any job."

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Bain has a great culture - people you enjoy working with and spending time with outside of work.

Cons

We are very tenure-based in promotions. It is a meritocracy, but only within certain broader guidelines for required tenure at certain positions.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

"Proud Alumni"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Working at Bain was a pleasure and a joy. My colleagues were smart, impressive and enjoyable to spend time with. I learned a tremendous amount and felt prepared for my business life, post-Bain. I now have friends for life and an exceptional business network.

Cons

More multinational clients and time 'on the coal-face' with clients means time away from home. I am fully supportive of being client-facing but it's a conscious trade-off that applicants will need to make (and no different from the competition).

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic global training sessions!

"Great learning experience with fantastic people"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great culture with lots of smart people who are fun to work with. Exposure to lots of business problems, good learning opportunities.

Cons

The job typically requires a lot of travel and nights away from home. The hours can be very long too.