Bain & Company - Working at Bain has given me work/life flexibility and the opportunity to make a significant global impact | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Working at Bain has given me work/life flexibility and the opportunity to make a significant global impact"

Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY
Current Employee - Case Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are smart, dynamic and fun and the global network of peers is fantastic. There is a strong focus on results and efficiency which optimizes the work we do and the outcome for our clients. The company does more than help other companies grow their profits,they are also very commited to driving social change and have both a formal and informal way for employees to get involved. There are great flexible career path options to enhance work/life balance - I'm taking advantage of one right now. And if you decide Bain isn't for you, it's a highly sought-after training ground for other careers (headhunters call all the time) and there is a strong alumni network to leverage for connections.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, being client-facing comes with two big cons: travel and schedule unpredictability. Bain tries to minimize both (e.g. not being away the full week if on a travel case, planning key client meetings in advance, anticipating the unexpected), but there's always an element that will remain uncontrollable.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting the flexible options for your employees - work/life balance is only going to increase in importance. Continue investing globally in social impact/pro bono work - it makes us all feel good to be part of the firm knowing that our company-wide efforts are effecting global change.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

"bain company review."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay, ok exit opps. name is kind of recognized, mostly in US but little worldwide

Cons

average people, average management. Fake relationships among peers

Advice to Management

structure the hiring process

"Challenging and exciting summer internship"

Current Intern - Associate Consultant Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Intern - Associate Consultant Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and meaningful work, tons of fun events, personable co-workers, bosses are easy to relate to, pay isn't bad, either

Cons

Hours can be long and pressure can be intense depending on what case you're staffed on; all the fun you have on weekends leaves little time for rest

Advice to Management

Don't start pulling us off of our case work so often and so early in the internship to work on our final presentations. I feel like we get more out of working with our teams than presenting 10 slides to a few partners.