Bain & Company - Excellent Job | Glassdoor

"Excellent Job"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, committed management, Excellent culture. This is a great place to work out of school, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Cons

Consulting industry means a lot of travel. Generally low comp relative to some other options. I think the lifestyle can also get tough at times, so be prepared for some long hours occasionally. At those times, the job doesn't seem worth it, but if you look over a 3-6 month period, I always felt very happy to be where I was.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the ball - was phenomenal and getting better while I was there.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "International management consulting firm is a great first job out of college that prepares you to break into other areas"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Diligence of private equity targets in various industries, financial data analysis and modeling, market research, customer surveys, and collaborating with clients on strategy and buy-in to Bain action plans on 2-10+ person teams. Fantastic culture, you will become part of a worldwide family and make friends who will be with you for life.

Cons

Can feel distanced from true products and services, often feels like you are just giving advice rather than taking action. Can be variable, long hours, not the best job in terms of hourly wage.

2. "Great place to launch your executive career"

Former Employee - Principal in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Principal in Boston, MA

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The career/geographic flexibility and awesome culture - young, vibrant, creative. I worked in four continents over my decade there.

Cons

A lot bigger (and a bit more stuffy) than it used to be. Still great but has become a legitimate 'big' company.

Advice to Management

Accept other 'types' of people who might succeed in senior roles. The junior partners are not really inspiring and detracts from the value proposition