Bain & Company - Great company to build foundational business skills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Great company to build foundational business skills"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fun work hard, play hard culture
- Best business training ground
- Help make real change at clients, not just perform studies

Cons

- Lot of hours
- Can be a lot of trouble, although they have improved this quite a bit (office dependent also)
- Up or out meritocracy is good if you're going up, no so much if you are good but just need more time to mature

Advice to Management

Recognize the need for some consultants to take more time to make it to the next level, and give it to them

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "Great company to work for with an outstanding culture that I've never seen repeated at another company"

Current Employee - Consulting Support Staff in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consulting Support Staff in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have smart people and an outstanding culture at our company. Everyone works as a team, always willing to help out, never let a Bainie fail. We do exciting work and have great learning opportunities while having worklife balance. What also is unique is our global network of outstanding professionals around the world.

Cons

Growth opportunities for Consulting Support Staff are not as great

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on the unique culture at Bain

2. "Best place to start a career and really learn the skills to run a business"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place to learn the full set of what it means to run a business, balancing both innovation and pragmatism. You will not find a more thoughtful, intelligent group of people who truly view the client's business as their own, and work hard to solve the problem (while remaining humble).

Cons

The work/life challenges exist, as you'd expect in any management consulting job. Occassionaly, you could find yourself working on a project that you are less passionate about (e.g. in an industry you don't really like), and that makes the work/life trade-offs more difficult.

Advice to Management

Most important issue facing the company today is the talent gap we have, given our growth potential. The firm should be tripling down on solving this problem ASAP. Find alternate sources of talent and ensure the existing people we have get everything they need to develop into effective managers/partners.