Bain & Company - Great people & better management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Great people & better management"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Management puts a lot of thought into structures and decisions that truly differentiate this place.
-People here are not just satisfied, they are enthusiastic. That brings energy into the work.
-The work is awesome!

Cons

Though Bain does a great job of making it easier, consulting is a hard job

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "Fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great variety of experience while developing a highly transferrable skill set; the coaching and mentoring you will get is fantastic, you are given the tools you need to grow and continue learning; competitive compensation; international transfer opportunities can be life-changing; great exit options; and most of all the people are amazing (extremely talented yet humble); Chicago office is one of the best in the global system

Cons

The travel eventually takes its toll (though Bain does what it can to manage this and all the miles/points you’ll accumulate are a perk); your work-life balance and overall satisfaction for any 3-6 month period is highly project dependent (the rare poorly matched team or occasionally ornery client can make life difficult)

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in professional development of employees and never stray from the wonderful Bain culture

"Outstanding firm with amazing people. I love this place!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are outstanding. Bain has built an incredibly special culture that is down to earth, collegial, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and just out right fun. I absolutely love coming to work here and truly miss the office and our people when I'm away. That's a rarity and something I cherish each day.

Cons

Client services is inherently challenging when it comes to work/life balance. Bain has a huge number of systems in place to track work/life balance and ensure each person has a great experience overall, but consulting will at times mean travel and late nights. Overall, I've found the firm and the people to be extremely flexible and willing to help you make this career work. Everyone here is invested in their life outside of Bain, so we are all aligned towards the same goal!