Bain & Company - Incredible! | Glassdoor

"Incredible!"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong focus on personal development
Value driven approach minimizes unnecessary work and yield loss
Smart and collaborative people
Relatively more sustainable
Fun culture

Cons

More office centric than key competitors (not always a negative)
Room for improvement in diversity and sustainability

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "Making tremendous impact in an incredibly supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work on & affect game-changing issues for clients in several different industries during my career here. The work itself has been interesting, challenging and pushed me to the next level. While doing this, I have felt incredibly supported. I work with really smart people who care a lot in my success and have gone out of their way to invest in me - both coaching me on skills required to get to the next level here, but also taking time to talk to me about my long-term career goals and what is the best fit next step given my long-term interests (which are outside of Bain). I've also had a chance to take advantage of the some of the flexibility here including doing an externship with a non-profit, working 60-80% and taking a sudden leave during a family crisis. Bain has been incredibly supportive every step of the way.

Cons

The consulting lifestyle can be challenging given client demands and there is definitely a ramp-up period to figuring out how to work effectively and in a style that works best for you. But anyone pursuing a career in professional services should expect to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in great leadership - the leadership sets the tone for the whole office and, in my opinion, is exceptional in the office that I work - from the office head down through the partner and manager team. While my long-term goals might not have me in consulting, I would be honored & really enjoy being part of the leadership team in this office.

2. "Best education to do whatever comes next in life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn an amazing amount about how to get things done - in business or in other organizations. Not just about specific tactics like 'how to put together a cash flow' - Bain teaches you how to change organizations. We do a lot of work in the trenches with our clients, and it feels like we learn both the strategic 'what do we need to do' as well as the equally important 'how do we navigate an organization to get this done'

Cons

Stress - life in consulting often means that you are really engaged in your work - not just when you're in the office