Bain & Company - Best place to work, hands down | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Best place to work, hands down"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bain does amazing work for its clients. The focus is always on delivering results and working collarboratively with the clients. It is very rewarding work.

The people at Bain are the best. People are supportive and help you develop your career. The combination of making an impact at my clients and working with amazing people make me want to build my career at Bain.

Cons

As with all consulting, the hours can be long, so know what you're getting into before choosing a consulting career. Bain is rewarding, both financially and personally, and it takes dediciation to sustain it long term.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "Inspiring work environment with high expectations"

Current Employee - Senior Knowledge Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Knowledge Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- inspiring work environment resulting from being surrounded by incredibly high calibre talent who push you to be your best
    - fantastic culture built on the philosophy of "work hard, play harder"
    - genuine commitment to employee happiness and fulfillment
    - fascinating work with exposure to tough business problems faced by top companies

Cons

- demanding schedules and workload
    - Bain's lean model means that there's always more work than resources

2. "Making tremendous impact in an incredibly supportive environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

I have had the opportunity to work on & affect game-changing issues for clients in several different industries during my career here. The work itself has been interesting, challenging and pushed me to the next level. While doing this, I have felt incredibly supported. I work with really smart people who care a lot in my success and have gone out of their way to invest in me - both coaching me on skills required to get to the next level here, but also taking time to talk to me about my long-term career goals and what is the best fit next step given my long-term interests (which are outside of Bain). I've also had a chance to take advantage of the some of the flexibility here including doing an externship with a non-profit, working 60-80% and taking a sudden leave during a family crisis. Bain has been incredibly supportive every step of the way.

Cons

The consulting lifestyle can be challenging given client demands and there is definitely a ramp-up period to figuring out how to work effectively and in a style that works best for you. But anyone pursuing a career in professional services should expect to work hard.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in great leadership - the leadership sets the tone for the whole office and, in my opinion, is exceptional in the office that I work - from the office head down through the partner and manager team. While my long-term goals might not have me in consulting, I would be honored & really enjoy being part of the leadership team in this office.