Bain & Company - Fantastic professional development, tremendous opportunities to have an impact, collaborative and supportive culture. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Fantastic professional development, tremendous opportunities to have an impact, collaborative and supportive culture."

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Office-centric project staffing: stronger local relationship building, better work life balance
-Formal / informal global training programs
-Collaborative supportive people throughout the organization interested in individual success

Cons

-Unpredictability of management consulting due to being professional services (i.e., less control over timing and duration of working demands)

Advice to Management

Continue investing in our people, and in the firm's growth.
Continue social impact and education efforts.
Continue focus on diversity.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "My best self"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have the privilege of getting up every day and working on client problems that truly matter. The challenge is immense, but I love helping specific individuals at my client to succeed and seeing the collective results of our work together. At every turn I am supported by a team of Bainies at my side. We are a team, and we team with our clients. Every year I think about whether Bain is the best place for me to continue to reach my personal full potential (across all dimensions -- career, personal, family), and every year I choose to stay at Bain. I know I am having an impact and am developing into the best person I can be -- as a business leader, colleague, wife and mother.

Cons

Having an engaging and worthwhile career means making some trade-offs. I travel 2-3 nights a week on average, and I work hard. However, I do not believe I work any harder than my business school classmates who are also career track/high potentials.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead the industry through a leading a collaborative culture that supports open communication, as well as innovative ways of working, including flexible models.

2. "An amazing, life-changing experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with smart, talented, interesting, yet humble people; working on difficult and important questions; getting exposure to so many companies, industries, and functions; great exit options

Cons

Although Bain takes a very active stance in making this job sustainable, there are times when we need to work hard to deliver for our clients. I think this is common across the consulting industry and any fast-paced career.