Bain & Company - Great opportunities to build formative career experiences and get the support/mentorship to succeed along the way | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Great opportunities to build formative career experiences and get the support/mentorship to succeed along the way"

Current Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Principal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get to work on challenging and interesting problems. Work with senior executives who have the ability to change the course of their business and often shape the overall industry. Great firm culture and interesting/fun colleagues.

Cons

Client service business that can have long and sometimes unpredictable hours, as well as the potential for high travel.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

1. "Can't imagine a company that treats their employees better"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Partnering with C-suite execs who look to us for advice adn help with their most difficult issues. Working with people who are brilliant and interesting, know how to have a good time, laugh at work, and help colleagues be successful. Compensation is very good, and gets high very quickly if you stick around. You are generally not forced to do things - the system is actually built around letting people make their own decisions about their career and path within Bain and thereafter..

Cons

Stretches of long hours, travel, and high stress... but you know that going in!

2. "An amazing, life-changing experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with smart, talented, interesting, yet humble people; working on difficult and important questions; getting exposure to so many companies, industries, and functions; great exit options

Cons

Although Bain takes a very active stance in making this job sustainable, there are times when we need to work hard to deliver for our clients. I think this is common across the consulting industry and any fast-paced career.