Bain & Company - Amazing workplace with stellar exit options | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing workplace with stellar exit options"

Former Employee - Case Team Leader in Mumbai

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Bain is the best place to work as a young professional interested in learning about business in a holistic way -- from the nuts and bolts of getting organisations moving towards a goal and implementing a program to defining the overall strategic direction for any/every type of corporation. The culture at Bain is also truly exceptional -- rewarding, meritocratic and collegiate all at the same time.

Cons

Long work hours. In some cases/projects, can be very long, extending upwards of 100 hours a week.

Bain & Company2014-03-10
  1. "Good place to start a career"

Former Intern - Associate Consultant Intern

I worked at Bain & Company for less than a year

Pros

Bain has a well-developed system for career development It also strengthens your resume

Cons

Compared to other management consulting firms (M or B), the project scale is smaller and the opportunities are limited

Bain & Company2019-10-15

"Welcome to Bain"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Welcome to Bain. I'm going to give you a problem that neither the CEO nor his entire management team could solve. And I'm probably going to give you lots of different opinions and imperfect data sources. And then I'll ask you to focus in on where the most value is and convince all those people with different opinions that you're right. But don't worry, I'm also going to give you a Bain team. Those associates... and consultants are going to be tenacious in coming up with creative approaches. Those managers and partners are going to knock down barriers for you, connect you where you need to be connected, guide, support, direct and re-direct you. The office support staff is going to fix your computer after you spilled coffee on it for the third time, find you the unfindable data source, and smile and hand you a baked good after you ask for help re-doing dozens of slides. You are empowered and accountable but you are not alone. And the best part is you can't fail. Because after all, what all those people are reinforcing is that a Bainie never lets another Bainie fail.

Cons

Here's how you know you've made it at Bain. The reward for doing a good job is getting a bigger, tougher problem next time. Meaning, you are always solving the easiest problem you will ever solve again. This takes a lot of resilience and active managing of self-expectations to remember that you are not actually getting worse, the problems are just getting harder. So my advice is to remember that. And then take... a second to realize that it would be a lot less fun if the reverse were true. And isn't that precisely why you wanted this job in the first place anyway? It sure was for me.

Advice to Management

Continue to find and promote the leadership that lives our operating principles.

Bain & Company2015-10-06

Bain & Company Response

September 27, 2016Director, Global Consultant Talent Management

You have captured the essence of what it means to work here! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Discover more reviews about Bain & Company.