Bain & Company - Bain's culture is amazing - it fosters learning, fun and humility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bain & Company

"Bain's culture is amazing - it fosters learning, fun and humility"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Develop unique 1-on-1 relationship with supervisor and supervisee: the mentoring and learning opportunities are amazing and working so closely with down to earth, smart and fun people is very humbling
2) Develop great group relationship: Bain promotes an amazing "family-like" culture. Most people really live up to the moto "A Bainie will never let another Bainie fail"

Cons

Demanding work and respect for other team members often lead to a will to over deliver. It's on us to remain ourselves that work-life balance is a priority.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

"Incredible start to my career"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The open, welcoming, and fun culture allows me to truly be myself and to succeed by focusing on and enjoying my work without having to worry about perceptions, competitiveness, and other distractions. The operating principles of 'presume trust' and 'be open, honest, and direct' embody the Bain experience and have helped me develop in my personal life, as well as in my professional life. The step-up opportunities for someone just out of undergrad are incredible: the level of client exposure I had within my first six months is way more than I could've hoped for. Perhaps the best part, besides the people, is the seriousness with which professional development is taken. I learn something new every day, and that's absolutely invaluable to me. I feel confident in my work and in my trajectory knowing that I have a full team of mentors, guides, and peers here to support me. What truly encapsulates all of for me is that I unquestioningly refer to Bainies as my friends, not my colleagues.

Cons

Lifestyle, as with any consulting job, can be demanding and tough.

Advice to Management

Bain could push harder for a more consistent work-life balance value system across all offices. Additionally, while an unquestionable leader in LGBTQ rights, there is still much to be done in offices like Madrid and elsewhere in EMEA.

2. "Fun and rewarding learning experience"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are intelligent, friendly, and very helpful-I honestly think we have the best people of any firm in any industry; We do interesting work that (as far as I have seen) leads to great outcomes for our clients; Chance to learn about many different industries and build valuable skills; Great exit opportunities if/when you decide to leave

Cons

Work/life balance varies heavily by client and manager and can be bad in certain situations; regional staffing model does not facilitate as much travel as BCG or McKinsey's national staffing models do (this could be a pro for some people)

Advice to Management

There are always a few case teams doing outstanding work for our clients while keeping the hours and travel very reasonable at the same time. Let's make sure ALL of our case teams have this kind of experience.