Bain & Company - Impeccable Corporate Culture | Glassdoor

"Impeccable Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding people to work with and for! I do not personally have any issues with anyone or the company itself. Bain truly expresses their corporate culture and have stuck by it in my opinion. Always willing to lend a helping hand and very open environment where you can ask anyone whether you have a question or concern.

Cons

For some there may be long hours at times, but you work hard and do your job and the reward is greater than the time put in.

Other Employee Reviews for Bain & Company

"The best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time

Pros

I am an Executive Assistant and absolutely love it. There is a tremendous investment on people here at Bain. That's important to feel especially in a support staff role. I feel empowered, encouraged and valued in my role. The work is always changing, and that keeps it fun and exciting. The focus on work life balance is unlike anything I've ever seen for EAs. Also, there are opportunities galore - if you are interested in learning a different industry - be it HR, IT, Recruiting, Marketing, etc, they take those desires seriously and will work to place you in that space.

Cons

Securing conference room space is getting difficult because we are growing so much!

Advice to Management

I am so impressed with your continuous improvement focus! Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you!

"A great place to work if you want to be a Strategy Consultant"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Bain & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training ground, excellent global training programs at every level from AC to Partner. Opportunity to form global professional networks and friendships. Smart and motivated co-workers who tend to be extremely collaborative and helpful. Strong learnings and exposure to a breadth of business challenges. Excellent benefits and compensation (relative to industry jobs, not finance jobs).

Cons

Like all other top consulting firms, the hours and travel can be very demanding. Stress levels can run high. It's difficult to establish a normal life schedule during the week because a new project may mean being on the road 4 days a week. People often describe themselves as feeling "on call". The Bain culture is known to be quite conformist and emphasizes work hard / play hard -- this may or may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in knowledge management and systems that help teams get a good jump start and not recreate the wheel. Keep investing in strong mentorship/coaching models.