1. "More than just a Springboard"

I have been working at Bain & Company

Pros

Great people to work with and share experience with, ample learning opportunities across all industries and functional fields, from finance to marketing and organization, there are some of the smartest people working for Bain to learn from. Fantastic team spirit, worthy of the old "A Bainie never let's another Bainie fail" expression which is supported through local and global trainings where employees come together from around the world to share experiences and take on new challenges. All rounded off with global spirit events such as the Bain World Cup with more than 1,200 attendees this year competing in soccer and volleyball and celebrating together the Bain culture

Cons

Like in any other top tier management consultancy, nights can get long. The difference is in whether the Team takes on the challenge together or breaks apart and at Bain, my teams have held every time.

Continue reading
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Bain & Company part-time

Pros

Approachable Colleagues who Made my life much easier

Cons

Long Working Hours are sometimes tiring

"Welcome to Bain"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Welcome to Bain. I'm going to give you a problem that neither the CEO nor his entire management team could solve. And I'm probably going to give you lots of different opinions and imperfect data sources. And then I'll ask you to focus in on where the most value is and convince all those people with different opinions that you're right. But don't worry, I'm also going to give you a Bain team. Those associates and consultants are going to be tenacious in coming up with creative approaches. Those managers and partners are going to knock down barriers for you, connect you where you need to be connected, guide, support, direct and re-direct you. The office support staff is going to fix your computer after you spilled coffee on it for the third time, find you the unfindable data source, and smile and hand you a baked good after you ask for help re-doing dozens of slides. You are empowered and accountable but you are not alone. And the best part is you can't fail. Because after all, what all those people are reinforcing is that a Bainie never lets another Bainie fail.

Cons

Here's how you know you've made it at Bain. The reward for doing a good job is getting a bigger, tougher problem next time. Meaning, you are always solving the easiest problem you will ever solve again. This takes a lot of resilience and active managing of self-expectations to remember that you are not actually getting worse, the problems are just getting harder. So my advice is to remember that. And then take a second to realize that it would be a lot less fun if the reverse were true. And isn't that precisely why you wanted this job in the first place anyway? It sure was for me.

Continue reading

Bain & Company Response

Director, Global Consultant Talent Management

You have captured the essence of what it means to work here! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Discover more reviews about Bain & Company.