Bainbridge - Mixed bag but you can do better | Glassdoor

"Mixed bag but you can do better"

I worked at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

I worked for Bainbridge Consulting. There is also an M&A group, which is leadership's primary focus. The Consulting arm exists to bolster credibility for the company. For a recent grad, the exposure to a diversity of industries is solid. You'll be thrown into situations where you're managing several clients, but fewer of these are Fortune companies than the previous (employer-written) reviews would lead you to... believe. I was spending 4-7 hours per week in meetings with Director-level and above, which prepared me to keep calm in tough situations with internal and external clients in later jobs. Decent office complex in La Jolla. Prepare to never leave. A couple of initiatives introduced to boost morale - dinner subsidized if you are working late, team activities here and there, and a few bonuses to address compensation complaints - but again, inconsistent or nonexistent in this area. A lot of my coworkers were some of the best and brightest young professionals I've encountered in my career. This is also why virtually all of them have since left the company. This may also provide a jumping off point for your career, but I would recommend starting with an Internship while you're still in school, getting experience at 20-30 hours per week, then looking in other markets and pursuing fair compensation. But if you can cut your teeth elsewhere, DO SO.

Cons

You're cold calling industry professionals as a "research firm" to then turn around and provide that info back to clients. Performance is largely dependent on how much confidential data you're able to extract (think pricing, contract structures, R&D initiatives). Because Bainbridge isn't an established name, this leads to uncomfortable situations and will likely cause you to question your morals - because we're not... actually going to publish this data, or scrub confidential info. We're going to turn around and provide it to competitors. Pay is extremely low. I was working 70-hour weeks and started in the $30k compensation range. Bonuses of a few grand were arbitrary and are highly taxed. No 401k. Felt like a constant struggle for better pay and benefits (though Dental was good). Turnover was high in the HR department, so inconsistent or no representation. Ethics of the senior staff extremely dubious. There is no way all of the 5-star reviews on this page are from real employees. This is also the only place I've worked where I was screamed at - perhaps like working at a hedge fund but without the pay or perks. Turnover is extremely high. This isn't unusual for consulting, but this is no standard turnover rate. Morale was very low at times. Most stressful job I've held. Not a ton of great eating options nearby.

Bainbridge2017-03-22

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Golden oppoetunity for career growth"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time

Pros

Interns are given decent chances to develop their skills under the supervision and guidance of knowledgeable staff members. The projects are varied, so there is always something new to learn. It's a great environment to understand how a successful company works and what characteristics shape effective teams. Armed with the knowledge I've gained here, I feel much more confident about my future.

Cons

No big cons for sure. I'd only love to have more opportunities to meet the upper management.

Bainbridge2019-12-05
  2. "A trustworthy company"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Bainbridge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company provides an awesome environment for true professionals to thrive. If you are a strong team player, you’ll learn a lot from your managers and colleagues. The company care for its employees and listens to our feedback. The benefits are nice, the compensation is competitive. I’ve been here for more than three years, and I continue developing my skills and growing as a specialist.

Cons

If you want to succeed as an Analyst, you should be able to prioritize and have strong skills in quality control.

Bainbridge2019-11-27

Discover more reviews about Bainbridge.