Baker Distributing - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Service Center Manager in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Service Center Manager in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Easy computer system to learn and very good product line offering. Great customer retention also with great marketing backup. And great overall communication.

Cons

Central ordering through a distribution center by people who have no idea what your local stock levels should be. Limit of $250 for branch managers to buy goods without going through a buyer.

Advice to Management

Allow branch managers more of a say in what their branch stocks and the levels of inventory. Also split up the larger zones into smaller ones.

Other Employee Reviews for Baker Distributing

1. "ANALYST"

Former Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Baker Distributing full-time

Pros

No micromanagement, freedom to work around personal issues that may arise, a lot of longtime employees to answer questions and train you, dress code not strict for a "corporate office"

Cons

Compensation does not match expected output, outdated office surroundings, no posting of open positions, favoritism, not open to change even though growing every day, will only receive promotion if someone leaves or dies, no one takes ownership in a mistake even though there are no repercussions

Advice to Management

Recognize the efforts of ALL employees. not just a xhosen few. Find a way to regulate the temperature in the building [after all, you are an air conditioning supply house]

"Territory Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Outside Territory Sales Manager in Harlingen, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Territory Sales Manager in Harlingen, TX

I worked at Baker Distributing (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working there, but all it took for me to lose my job was a new regional manager who didn't like me to ruin my job amazing.

Cons

Regional Manager who is aeking for rediculas budget from 2 miilion which was no problem but 4 million there is no way, to many competitors around.

Advice to Management

Trained Regionals before being assigned.