Baker Hughes - No reward or recognition for performance, lousy leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

"No reward or recognition for performance, lousy leadership."

Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior IT Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Relative freedom to define job and responsibilities, some interesting technical challenges. Good pension plan, ok medical and dental benefits. One of the big three oilfield service companies, so mobility and career possibilities are not bad.

Cons

Dysfunctional organization structure within the IT organization makes it very difficult to get anything done, and it requires a very large effort to get things moving. IT management's leadership style is autocratic. Some of the processes are archaic.

Advice to Management

There is a plethora of tools, but little in the way of knowledge or training for using them properly. Reduce the number of tools, and get the best ones implemented properly. The HR tools for appraisals and job requisitions are the worst I have seen. The 3 IT groups involved in every project step on each other's toes, and hinder rather than help.

Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes

"Horrible place to work, most political company you would ever work."

Former Employee - Repair & Maintenance Tech I in Broussard, LA
    Former Employee - Repair & Maintenance Tech I in Broussard, LA

Pros

The pay is good and the benifits are really good. If you also like to travel the world this is a good place to go to.

Cons

Employees were very rude and obnoxious. The supervisor knew nothing about the tools or equipment that were in his area. How he ever became a supervisor is a wonder. He also showed heavy favrotisim toward the employees that would go do chores, fish, hunt, or hang out with him after work. Never would write them up for coming in late, standing around talking to each other doing nothing, talking on their phones. He also would get his favorite employees to spy on me while I worked and report to him anything I did. Everything I did was critisized from my walking paste, my clothes being dirty and greaey (Im a mechanic stupid!) , even my facebook was stalked and was said to be unprofessional. Their computer programs were also very hard to understand and keep up with as they would change everything constantly. I was let go for so say poor work performance when I had better applied hours than most of the other employees. Working here was the worst 9 months of my life!!!!!! NEVER WORK HERE!!!!!

Advice to Management

Hire better supervisors who actually know what their doing andare fair to ever employee.

2. "Below avg due to the power play and politics game within the organization, Mgmt don't away follow company rules/policy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Benefits/salary and company "well known" name

Cons

Not everyone is treated fairly due to politics, needs to have a hard nose coming in.

Advice to Management

Employee quarterly review and the 2010 Employee/upper management open hierarchy communication needs to be look upon again