Baker Hughes - Baker Hughes is the worst company ever ! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

"Baker Hughes is the worst company ever !"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, thats about it.

Cons

Where do I begin ! When I started working for Baker I thought it would be a good experience, but NO it is not. Nobody seems to know what there doing around. When I ask about how or why this is, it's like I get a blank stare. It's clearly the fact that people are in positions that they don't even qualify. I would think that if you call yourself a Specialist or Technologist then you need to know your stuff, you would think. It's all about who you know and who your "screwing".
Also at some of there facilities, employees sometimes get to involved with each other, I mean "PERSONALLY" involved with each other. I don't have a problem with that as long as it is kept outside the work place & work load. Co-workers flirting with each to get more work is flat out wrong and not fair to the other workers who are working hard too.
Not only that I see that it is a racist and sexist company as well. They take one look at you and think that you don't measure up or not smart enough. And if you are smart and have experience and are doing a good job then they consider you a threat to their position.
Thats just some of what I have experience here at Baker Hughes, but hopefully I pray it gets better.

Advice to Management

Get new management !
Hire people that are actually qualified to do the job !
Keep politics out of the work place !
Training needs to be increased !
Stop being so judgemental and let people to there jobs !

Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes

1. "Coporate Bureaucratic. If you fit the mold then you will succeed otherwise you will be cut."

Current Employee - Senior Learning Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Learning Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few companies left that has a pension. In addition with a 401K.
    Promotions and to climb the corporate ladder is purely by your performance.

Cons

The company I used to work for was bought out by them. If this happens to your company then you WILL be let go eventually.
    If you can't perform at their pace you will not succeed.

Advice to Management

You need to really take more care of your employees. After all who do you think makes the real company?

2. "research"

Current Employee - Chemist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Chemist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible in work hours, nice and relaxed work environment. interesting projects. competent colleagues. Access to latest equipment. many job opportunities

Cons

limited travel, complicated and tiring product development management. decreasing inspiration from the senior management. decreasing promotion of young talents. complicated structures

Advice to Management

improve and simplify product development process