Baker Hughes - Excellent people with some bureaucracy; great open-door policy. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baker Hughes

"Excellent people with some bureaucracy; great open-door policy."

Former Intern - Geologist in Houston, TX
Former Intern - Geologist in Houston, TX

I worked at Baker Hughes as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment; collaborative peers to help with any projects or problems that one may have. Multiple offices throughout the Houston area can allow for good movement.

Cons

The day-to-day could become boring quickly. Young professional programs are becoming more active and involved. There can be some bureaucratic tape to work around sometimes.

Other Employee Reviews for Baker Hughes

1. "Lacking of Support"

Former Employee - Administration in Artesia, NM
    Former Employee - Administration in Artesia, NM

I worked at Baker Hughes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company with no experience in management! They hire whoever!

Cons

No support from HR and lacking management and coaching, HSE culture, ability to work as a team is very poor!!!!

Advice to Management

They need to get off there butts and see what's really going on in these districts! I dedicated my time from clock in to clock out! I spent hours trying to make the team better and most importantly, make the company better! With my knowledge and experience I brought to the table, the management did not support me because they thought I wanted "their" job! Every little mistake that was made, HR was called instead of them talking and walking me through my mistake! As well as coaching! That's what I wanted is to work as a team!!! The evaluations are poor and need to be looked into. HR and HSE structure needs to be looked into! HR is to support employee and management, but not favor management because there buddy!!!

2. "Good"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Brighton, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Brighton, CO

I have been working at Baker Hughes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and stable work environment. They usually won't fire people when things close. They will move you to another region and foot most the bill depending on your title.

Cons

Usually local managers don't care about the workers and will work you into the ground. Travel all the time for extended periods of time. Work long hours 12-20 per day depending.

Advice to Management

Allow your educated workers to advance as they see fit and allow them to pursue their own path without restrictions.