Bakersfield Memorial Hospital - It is okay.. but chances for advancement are slim.. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

"It is okay.. but chances for advancement are slim.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

They offer a really good pay and benefits to those who are employed full time.

Cons

I worked there for a year as on-call and was never given the opportunity to advance or get a part or full time job... I only worked on weekends. I felt a little lonely and with nobody to really talk to because I didn't really know anybody.

Advice to Management

I would recommend that they ask theri workers what they want because nobody ever asked me. And in terms of evaluations I did not see how that was possible if you didnt have much contact with me..

Other Employee Reviews for Bakersfield Memorial Hospital

"BMH"

Current Employee - Accountant in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Bakersfield, CA

Pros

BMH has great benefits for the entire family. I have a fairly flexible schedule, depending on my managers mood. I also feel I am fairly compensated for my work.

Cons

All downsides relvolve around management. Managers only watch out for themselves and the big bonus checks they receive at the end of the year. I don't feel that the rest of the employees needs are ever considered.

Advice to Management

Do your job and what you are paid to do. Stop making the little people do all the work and you take the credit. It takes 1400 employees to run this hospital and you only care about yourselves. Stop caring about the bottom line since you are a not-for-profit hospital.

2. "Bakersfield Memorial Hospital"

Pros

They were quick with my initial interview and hire. I believe I received two, albeit small, raises in the 2 years I worked for the company.

Cons

No specific cons come to mind. There are always people in any work environment you don't particularly mesh with, but it was never a reflection of the company.

Advice to Management

None. Dignity Health encourages fun at the office. IE, celebrating holidays, nurses week, etc. Everyone is invited to participate and it makes work enjoyable.