Balboa Capital - Politics at its best | Glassdoor

"Politics at its best"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Balboa Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good coffee
nice professional location/office
you get a wireless headset
diverse workplace
pretty girls
everyone leaves around 3-4 on fridays
casual friday
$2500 per month. 30k salary no room for negotiating

Cons

training is only 3 days long! they throw you into the sharks after that..it seems nothing else matters but your call numbers at the end of the day. Lots of stuck up and self entitled people. They're are currently going through some growing pains, so things can get a unorganized at times. Sales cycle is way too long! commission structure is an industry joke! this industry is saturated and cut throat

Advice to Management

train your people better! do up-training at lunch or something. Stop with all the favoritism! Their motto and style is they don't like to "baby sit" anyone, meaning they will let you slip through the cracks and fail if you don't absorb all the information they give you. There is plenty of help if and when you ask (beg) for it. Their atmosphere is not very competitive. Hire a real Sales Trainer! to help anyone who's struggling. MAKE A SALES SCRIPT TO FOLLOW!!

Other Employee Reviews for Balboa Capital

"Balboa Capital takes care of employees who care about the Company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great technology, fast paced, exciting, great location, classy work environment. At Balboa Capital, you get the corporate benefits of a large company and the entrepreneurial benefits of a small company. Managers lead by example.

Cons

No match on the 401K plan. Benefit provider has changed 3 times in the last 4 years. Makes it annoying to refill paperwork at the doctors office.

Advice to Management

Get more team members involved when creating a new product or rolling out a new policy, as there may be consequences that were not thought of once implemented.

"Awesome Sales Gig"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Balboa Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High energy, fast-paced sales teams with nice commission structure. Very nice building and office environment. Positive attitudes make coming to work pleasant.

Cons

I agree with some of the other posts on here regarding our lack of office space. We keep hiring new sales folks and we are running out of room. I had to work in a small office with 3 other people for 2 months and we kept talking over each other.

Advice to Management

More office space please!