Baldor Specialty Foods - great family feel, hard work for real men | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baldor Specialty Foods

"great family feel, hard work for real men"

Pros

my dad worked there so i got alot of respect from ppl lol, maybe not earned but who cares

Cons

worked the fridge so it was very cold all the time lol

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Baldor Specialty Foods

"Router"

Current Employee - Router in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Router in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

free medical insurance, matching up to a percentage of 401k contribution, profit sharing ,and a lot more. Many employees over 15 years

Cons

Long hours, always in need of employees

Advice to Management

Keep working as hard as they have been .

Baldor Specialty Foods Response

Nov 15, 2016 – HR Director

"A Night In the warehouse..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Baldor Specialty Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've read many reviews, complaints and rants on here about everything....Here is my story.......Yes applying, interviewing took awhile. Yes you need to take a test and be prepared to work hard....I stand outside on the dock and i see people from all over the world. People of different religions, people that speak at least 2-3 languages and of course my favorite the different cultures. I see new hires watching the pickers work in this Ballet of Chaos...I see new pickers telling the new hires how they learned these skills at Baldor. People that needed a home and needed direction and opportunity. I know each of there names and they don't stop. For you to understand any place you visit you must reach out and these guys and gals help each other and provide support to a company that dedicates itself to its people and its clients. I know their stories, we had six new babies this year and I smile when these people enjoy work and their own lives because they maintain the energy and dedication it takes to thrive. We have Team Members that come to us homeless, starting over, new career so many lives so many stories. One by one the managers work with their teams and they don't stop till everything is done for Baldor and on a personal level. Baldor reaches out to the community, school supplies was my favorite...and tonight the guys are bringing in stuff to donate to the local schools...I know right now you may be wondering if Baldor is the place for you....I won't sell you on the details but I would like a correction....Baldor does care. It was founded and still maintained and owned by the same family. The spirit of that family is shared by every employee. The opportunities are here but your commitment must follow you. Your dedication must show no matter what the task. A night in the warehouse means you will see hard working people that share the same goal....you will see a sales team that makes sure we all have a job.You will find managers and supervisors doing the same jobs their teams are doing. Most of all you will find out that the Leaders of this company believe in you and in me. This may be cheese to you but we live in crazy times and i like know my future is not only in capable hands but also caring.

Cons

These are not cons for me but I think you should know a few things...This is a refrigerated warehouse which means its cold. Its a 24 hour operation so perfect for any schedule. Yes its hard work but moving up is a company mantra so just apply yourself. Don't be shy must people at Baldor have worked there at least 5 plus years and they still smile when they come in. Be on time and ready to work......

Advice to Management

The internet is the void for anyone and everyone. Your a great growing company that shows concern and gives support.