Balihoo - Amazing people, great product, solid investors, phenomenal growth! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Balihoo

"Amazing people, great product, solid investors, phenomenal growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Balihoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Balihoo has more than doubled its revenues in the past year and ramped headcount accordingly. Even so, the culture is still so rich and fun. Here are a few of the many benefits - sponsored (paid) sabbatical every five years (with $2,500 of go have fun money); Mustache May, bike parking and repair area, five full days of volunteering per year (almost obligatory), keggerator with two kegs of homebrew (brewed by a couple of our employees - Balihoo covers the costs), Balihoo volunteer fund (someone went to Thailand last year using a Balihoo funded scholarship... I could go on and on. This place is pretty amazing. I feel lucky. Everyday I feel like my contributions are valued and impactful.

Cons

Health benefits could be improved. At this point, employees are given a stipend and can optionally enroll in a pretty mediocre health insurance plan.

Advice to Management

Keep the wheels on the bus! This is an exciting ride.

Other Employee Reviews for Balihoo

1. "GREAT people and company culture!!"

I worked at Balihoo full-time

Pros

There is always a lot of work to be done, but working with a great group of smart, talented and energetic individuals makes it very exciting. The flexible work hours it makes it much easier to manage your work/life balance.

Everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the evolution of the company, culture, internal processes... regardless of your role.

Cons

Repeated organization restructuring to meet changing business focus makes employees very nervous.

Advice to Management

Take time to roll out changes and think through how the changes will impact each team before it's a done deal. This will allow teams to plan/prepare and minimize the chaos.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Balihoo full-time

Pros

Excellent people, office perks (such as snacks and beer), and allow for flexible hours. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

This company is agile and will do what it takes to stay afloat, but with this they have had many major layoffs.