Balihoo - Fun company culture, awesome people, lots of opportunity! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Balihoo

"Fun company culture, awesome people, lots of opportunity!"

I have been working at Balihoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity to grow your career and make real contributions in the overall direction and success of the company.

Cons

A number of management hires recently means a lot of process changes - flexibility is key in all employees.

Advice to Management

Remember to promote culture and foster inclusion as the company grows and processes are put into place.

Other Employee Reviews for Balihoo

1. "Amazing people, great product, solid investors, phenomenal growth!"

I have been working at Balihoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Balihoo has more than doubled its revenues in the past year and ramped headcount accordingly. Even so, the culture is still so rich and fun. Here are a few of the many benefits - sponsored (paid) sabbatical every five years (with $2,500 of go have fun money); Mustache May, bike parking and repair area, five full days of volunteering per year (almost obligatory), keggerator with two kegs of homebrew (brewed by a couple of our employees - Balihoo covers the costs), Balihoo volunteer fund (someone went to Thailand last year using a Balihoo funded scholarship... I could go on and on. This place is pretty amazing. I feel lucky. Everyday I feel like my contributions are valued and impactful.

Cons

Health benefits could be improved. At this point, employees are given a stipend and can optionally enroll in a pretty mediocre health insurance plan.

Advice to Management

Keep the wheels on the bus! This is an exciting ride.

2. "Balihoo has been a breath of fresh air in my career. I feel excited to go to work, be a part of a growing company!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Balihoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

positive executive staff to push you to achieve career goals. exciting fast paced work environment. community involvement & creative culture

Cons

constantly growing and changing, sometimes hard to stay on top of everything. sometimes difficult to stay connected to everyone personally

Advice to Management

continue to find ways of modeling appropriate work/life balance. try to find ways to stay connected to those who work for you. continue to be creative with your business approach. It's truly an honor to be a part of Balihoo; I feel like I'm part of something that is great, noteworthy, relevant and exciting. Thank you for creating the culture and community outward focus!