Ballard Spahr - Warning: "Attorney" Position is actually a "Staff Attorney" | Glassdoor

"Warning: "Attorney" Position is actually a "Staff Attorney""

Current Employee - Attorney

I have been working at Ballard Spahr full-time

Pros

I find the working environment to be fine. People leave each other alone to work. It is quiet which I enjoy.

Cons

Ballard has recently changed the name of the "staff attorney" position to "attorney." It is the same thing. These "attorneys" are required to work the same hours as associates, with substantially less pay, and you will NEVER receive a raise. This is not written in any policy manual and, at least for me, I was never informed of this at any point during the interview process.

Advice to Management

Either be transparent during the interview process about what this "attorney" position actually is or get rid of the disparate treatment.

Ballard Spahr2019-02-17

Other Employee Reviews

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Staff in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ballard Spahr full-time

Pros

Partners and administrative team are engaged and easy to talk to. There's a lot of free food and options for employees to engage in activities outside of work. The work week is 35 hours. Benefits are generous and the office is in a good location. Also a really nice free gym and bike room in the building. HR will offer advancement opportunities when available to staff that have shown proven good work... and interest.

Cons

The main office is in Philadelphia and DC feels like a 2nd thought sometimes.

Ballard Spahr2019-06-03

"Down to earth people, leanly staffed"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ballard Spahr full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are down to earth and not obsessed with hierarchy. Matters are leanly staffed so you get a lot of ownership and experience quickly.

Cons

Bonuses are below market and there is a wide range in bonuses, even within class years.

Ballard Spahr2019-05-22

Discover more reviews about Ballard Spahr.