Employee Review

Current Employee

Great Company, Growing Pains

Feb 23, 2021 - Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company walks the talk - has defined values and follows them, starting to put emphasis on ensuring processes and systems are efficient

Cons

Silos, Communication struggles, technology is having to catch up

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Growing Pains, but a Good Company

Jan 2, 2021 - Analyst in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Balsam Brands for over a year. Among the great things at BB were my co-workers, in-season perks, WFH Wednesdays (before COVID), opportunities to grow and build the company. The Learning and Development team also did a fantastic job with regards to training team members as it relates to management, and personal development and understanding. I can't stress enough how great most of my collogues were to work with. I worked primarily with our Boise, Dublin, and Manilla teams, and it was wonderful to have an opportunity to work with them. I genuinely miss having the opportunity to work at the office and having lunch with my teammates. Despite the limited PTO, the work life balance was great and I was always able to take time that I needed.

Cons

Among the biggest "cons" would be the disconnected teams and long term vision. All companies have issues and looking back I think these could easily be solved with focus from leadership. With regards to disconnected teams this could have been solved with a better overall understanding across functions/teams of an individual's role, assigned projects, and workload. While there is a PMO, there isn't the coordination or project visibility that I would expect to see when people are juggling operational issues and feature/horizon projects across the enterprise. This leads to ambiguity and self prioritization of work that seems like it may or may not have a place in the value stream. PM's and coordinators do a great job, but having project charters/visions/kickoffs would add some guard rails. As far as the long term vision, the company does a good job of having town halls to communicate what's going on across the company. However, the goals and vision are more abstract than I would have liked to see. This causes ambiguity and leads to interpretation of what is important for the company to move forward.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome company with so many great people

Oct 3, 2020 - Operations in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with wonderful and interesting people on my team and across teams. We also have caring executives. Balsam has been a great place to start and grow my career. Also, lots of employee friendly decisions have been made during these strange times which have been nice for everyone.

Cons

Some internal growing pains as the team has gotten a lot bigger.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Balsam Brands.