Baltimore Life - Very Micromanaged in PA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Baltimore Life

"Very Micromanaged in PA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Baltimore Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and good products

Cons

Micromanagement the agents tightly because of them paying a stipend for the 18 weeks of training. Company is known as a swap shop where they bring in employees and fire them then bring in a couple more. Company is tight with their money and employees pay for things on their own. If you want a long career it will not be here.

Advice to Management

Stop Micromanaging the heck out of the agents and if you want good morale in the offices then allow agents to enjoy their jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Baltimore Life

1. "Baltimore Life is a great place for a long term career."

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Representative

I have been working at Baltimore Life full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Baltimore Life is a great company to work with for many reasons. It is a small enough company that you are not just a number. It is easier to bring about positive change than in a larger company because you can reach the person who makes the decisions. You have excellent access to upper management. The company has a family atmosphere where everyone matters. They have extreme patience in allowing employees to learn and grow because they believe in building for the future, not just the next quarterly sales report. The money they invest in your continuing education is the best I've seen in my years in the industry. They not only make it available they make it mandatory. Their goal is to have the most educated and professional agents in the industry.

Cons

The one major disadvantage is that we are a little behind in technology but are working vigorously to improve this.

Advice to Management

I believe the most pressing need is improved technology, such as an updated client management system and simplified electronic application process. Also, I would like to see a Universal Life policy pricing restructure, focusing more on the guaranteed face amount with lower cash values in order to lower premiums for business owners who are only concerned with business succession needs and not cash value accumulation. This would greatly improve our chances in competitive situations. Also, I would like to see an accident indemnity plan to help with worksite sales.

2. "Great job"

Pros

Great job and a great opportunity to earn an excellent income while helping others.

Cons

Great job with wonderful opportunities.