Banana Republic - It has been overall enjoyable, tiring at times, I have learned a lot and plan to stay there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

"It has been overall enjoyable, tiring at times, I have learned a lot and plan to stay there."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The 401k plan is good--they match your contributions up to a certain amount. Management gives good feedback. They encourage employee growth and promotions, but you have to ask for it. They have a zero tolerance policy against discrimination. Co-workers are generally friendly and fun to be around.

Cons

The pay for part-time sales is not the best, though some more experienced people do make more. Customers may treat you poorly. Schedules for part-time can vary from week to week. Also, it's harder to become full-time, so you may not get health insurance.

Advice to Management

It is good to get constructive feedback from management, which they already do a good job of. Also, it is good to know what your employee's goals for the future are.

Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic

1. "Good place to work for a little while"

Current Employee - Sales Support in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in New Orleans, LA

Pros

I love the people that I work with, the company does a good job with choosing good people for the most part. Also like that our jobs aren't as clear cut as, say, at an Old Navy -- for the most part I'm a cashier but there are times that I'm asked to sell or that I'm asked to work in back of house.

Cons

Not really much room to move up unless you plan on jumping into a full-time managerial position. Company also isn't great about raises... from what I can tell the most they tend to give at one time is 25 cents or so an hour and that evaluation only occurs once a year.

Advice to Management

On a national level the company needs its leaders to understand the stores and employees so that they know how their decisions will affect the company on a more local level.

"17 years old, first job ever, ZERO training"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The name looks good on a resume
    It's a nice looking place to work, stores look nice
    Dress code is annoying, but people look like they belong there

Cons

Selling the credit card
    Getting reprimanded for not selling the card
    Crazy managers
    Folding the men's and women's denim wall
    Don't start cleaning up until the store is closed, so no chance of getting out of there at a reasonable time
    No sales training!

Advice to Management

I hated this job, but not because of management. People at my store often complained about our manager, but I guess I was one of her favorites because I never had a problem with her. I had this job when I was 17 and was not trained at all! We had to push that stupid credit card, even in rough economic times. Even though I hated the job, BR is a great name to have on a resume because other companies are aware of their customer service standards, which has helped me get other jobs.