Banana Republic - The employees and customers are great. Management is good but very young which affects decisions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banana Republic

"The employees and customers are great. Management is good but very young which affects decisions."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Discount and the people we work with every day.

Cons

It is difficult getting promoted because existing mgmt gets priority over those trying to move up. Pay is low

Advice to Management

We need to be paid for our merit and get raises that reflect that or at least keep up with the cost of living increases. Promotions would be done by merit not by seniority. And the merchandiser at headquarters need to have a better working knowledge of the store. The timing of when and how things are done often does make sense.

Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic

1. "It has been overall enjoyable, tiring at times, I have learned a lot and plan to stay there."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The 401k plan is good--they match your contributions up to a certain amount. Management gives good feedback. They encourage employee growth and promotions, but you have to ask for it. They have a zero tolerance policy against discrimination. Co-workers are generally friendly and fun to be around.

Cons

The pay for part-time sales is not the best, though some more experienced people do make more. Customers may treat you poorly. Schedules for part-time can vary from week to week. Also, it's harder to become full-time, so you may not get health insurance.

Advice to Management

It is good to get constructive feedback from management, which they already do a good job of. Also, it is good to know what your employee's goals for the future are.

2. "Good place to work for a little while"

Current Employee - Sales Support in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in New Orleans, LA

Pros

I love the people that I work with, the company does a good job with choosing good people for the most part. Also like that our jobs aren't as clear cut as, say, at an Old Navy -- for the most part I'm a cashier but there are times that I'm asked to sell or that I'm asked to work in back of house.

Cons

Not really much room to move up unless you plan on jumping into a full-time managerial position. Company also isn't great about raises... from what I can tell the most they tend to give at one time is 25 cents or so an hour and that evaluation only occurs once a year.

Advice to Management

On a national level the company needs its leaders to understand the stores and employees so that they know how their decisions will affect the company on a more local level.