Banana Republic - Under valued | Glassdoor

"Under valued"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Sales Support in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Banana Republic part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you get a good discount is you make enough money to buy something, coworkers are all pleasent to work with

Cons

opinions are not valued what so ever. the work hours are usually terrible and unless you show promise you probably will not get schedualed as much

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. organizing the back of the store is just as important as organizing the from. and think of a way to motivate your employees with ways other than a candy bar.

Other Employee Reviews for Banana Republic

"Horrible management, low wages, high pressure"

Former Employee - Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal in Chicago, IL

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The camaraderie amongst the dissatisfied employees.
    50% merchandise (although minimum wages made it virtually impossible to ever be able to purchase the merchandise...).
    Understanding that I was balancing school & work...was able to work my schedule around my classes with ease.

Cons

Literally every SINGLE shift manager was a nightmare. They were never satisfied and would constantly give negative feedback on performance. I don't think I was ever given a positive critique. There was a lot of favoritism and those working in my position were highly disregarded as human beings.
    The badgering about Banana cards was relentless! My hours were cut for two weeks because I was 1 Banana card short of meeting my quota.

Advice to Management

Have respect for each and every person! Whether they're a lead cashier or a sales assistant, in the back folding sweaters to put back on the floor....give all employees equal respect!
    And perk up management, life isn't that terrible!!

"Fun co-workers, horrible bosses"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Banana Republic part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount was great and I enjoyed the day to day tasks of organizing the sales floor and helping customers. Banana Republic as a whole is a great company, this location, though, was not.

Cons

The managers pushed the Banana Cards way too much. The amount you made in sales did not matter for a day, if you did not sell a Banana Card. They also were horrible about scheduling shifts. I am a fulltime student and asked to work less than 20 hours a week. For two months they regularly scheduled me for 35 hours a week! I asked them repeatedly to stop, but eventually I just had to quit.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to worker needs!