Banco de Sabadell - It's an o.k. place to work at for a year or a year and a half, but don't waste any more of your time there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banco de Sabadell

"It's an o.k. place to work at for a year or a year and a half, but don't waste any more of your time there."

Former Employee - Teller in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Teller in Miami, FL

Pros

The only good reasons I can think of for working at Sabadell are the schedule (branches are closed
on Saturdays & Sundays). You can accumulate a good amount of vacation days in a short amount of time. And that you don't have to worry about cross selling bank products, and opening new accounts.

Cons

The pay is horrible compared to other banks. I've worked at other banks were tellers can make extra money from a monthly teller bonus. At Sabadell you'd be lucky if you get one bonus during the year, and they don't give it during the holidays. No sick days at all. If you're sick and you need to make money you better go to work because if you don't, you won't get payed. Very few opportunities for advancement. I also noticed a high turnover rate. The tellers wouldn't stick around very long.

Advice to Management

Pay your hard working employees a decent wage. Part of the reason why I left the bank was because I hadn't gotten a raise in two years. And the bonus that we received in March had been cut. So it was less than the bonus that I had gotten the year before. If the bank is having such a hard time making money, I suggest that upper management do what a lot of other banks do, and start charging non-customers a fee to cash their checks. I think that would make non-customers either open up accounts to avoid the fees, or would make them go to their own banks to deposit their checks.

Other Employee Reviews for Banco de Sabadell

1. "SVP"

I have been working at Banco de Sabadell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing
    International (Spain, UK, Mexico)
    Forward looking

Cons

Limited opportunities in Spain
    Banking sector

2. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Barcelona (Spain)
    Former Employee - Analyst in Barcelona (Spain)

I worked at Banco de Sabadell full-time

Pros

Great Work-life balance.
    Flexibility.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Internal mobility.

Cons

Low wages.
    Limited career growth perspective.