Bandwidth - Great company, job so-so. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth

"Great company, job so-so."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cary, NC
Current Employee - Account Executive in Cary, NC

Pros

Great benefits package, especially if you have a family. CEO is inspirational. Lots of healthy competition. HR department goes out of their way to help spruce up the work environment with celebrations, good food, etc. Monthly award ceremonies are good at lifting spirits. Long lunch breaks in place to encourage employees to work out or play sports helps break up the day.

Cons

Mid level management doesn't really lead or manage; at times talk down to employees. Lots of systems not in sync for effective communication between departments. The job itself is rather mundane. No real system of training in place, and zero sales training for what is a sales job.

Advice to Management

Have real training systems in place for when people start. Also, have some ongoing training to have employees feel vested in their work. Be more respectful of employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Bandwidth

"Good place to work if you are willing to work hard and compete with your peers."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Pros

Internal growth opportunities (due to external growth) and a very strong work hard, play hard environment. Each day the company allows employees to participate in an intramural program consisting of about every sport under the sun. The founders cycle and exercise during lunch, so they have not been selfish about letting other employees, even the lowest levels do the same. The company is family friendly. There are lots of people with young kids.

Cons

It is a small company with small teams. The work load can be very heavy at times, and that means long hours. They are staffed very lightly compared to what I've seen in other roles. So when someone leaves or is promoted to another group it really impacts everyone else. Also, many of the operations roles take the brunt of customer complaints / issues. And finally, I'd say that systems and tools are lacking to what they should be. I understand they are being developed, but they are sorely needed.

Advice to Management

Better systems and tools for customers and operations.

2. "Bandwidth is one of the best jobs I've ever had"

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been with Bandwidth for a year now, and it’s one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. It’s invigorating to come to work each day. I work with some very smart people in an exciting, fast-paced environment. We’re working on some really cool stuff and literally changing an entire industry.

I have found Bandwidth to be a very bold company that is not afraid to take risks. We have a lot of very passionate people who really believe in the company. I love that we’re small enough to be agile and able to pivot quickly. I love sitting in meetings and feeling like everyone in the room is smarter than me. I’m learning every single day! And I love the fact that management actually listens. My manager values my opinion. He may not always agree, but he always listens.

I’ve worked for a lot of other companies – in Raleigh and beyond, and have never worked for a place that cares so much about employees. I was sick last year and the compassion shown to me by my boss, co-workers and upper management was amazing. They work hard to make sure you have balance in your life. My boss kicks me out at 6 pm to spend time with family. They pay 100% of insurance for me and my family and give me 90 minutes at lunch to work out. I’ve never worked with a company that offered that to employees.

Some have said it’s a Boys Club. Any tech company is going to have a lot of male employees. I see a lot of women around the office, and I know that we have several women in management and executive level positions.

My experience has been drastically different than some of the reviews posted on this site. I’m not doubting the validity of what some posted, just saying that I have not experienced any of that. It’s possible that Bandwidth has some weak links in middle management in parts in the company. Those people could be impacting the overall experience for employees under them. That’s unfortunate, because it really is a great company. I encourage employees to go beyond their manager, and talk to the CEO if they have issues. He will listen to you.

Cons

The fast paced, innovative culture is not for everyone. I love it, but some employees get stressed out and can’t produce in that environment. The company is hiring fast and they need to slow down to be sure employees are a good fit. Otherwise you end up with some negative, bitter employees who spend their days complaining. We need better management training throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employees because the majority really enjoy working here. Be more careful in the hiring process. Improve communications throughout the company. Get rid of poor managers at the middle-management level.