Bandwidth - Feel like part of the team before day one | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bandwidth

"Feel like part of the team before day one"

Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my 13 years, I have never worked for a company that makes you feel like part of the team so quickly. During the first 10 minutes of the interview, I knew I had to work here. It was not your standard "grilling" of questions you normally get. Instead it felt like a casual conversation, a group of people getting to know each other. You are asked questions to make sure you are a technical and culture fit, but it is done in such a way that you don't even remember you are being interviewed.

People Services (HR) really understands that interviews are a two-way street, and they want to make sure you get time to ask your questions, and that you fully understand the position and the culture. I have never had so much contact from People Services about a status update in the past. Most places you won't hear anything after a interview, till they have an offer. Bandwidth reaches out to you every step of the way.

The company and People Services strongly believe in, making sure people are happy so that they stay. Any concerns are listened to.

Everyone that I have meet since being an employee loves their job, believes in the company and what they are doing. The company really shows they trust and believe in their employees too. Some of the benefits offered are just not heard of at any other company.

Cons

The starting days off is a bit less then what I am use to. However you do get more days of PTO after your first year.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Bandwidth

1. "Very happy working here, awesome culture and vision."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For me, two things set this company apart from other places. One is the amazing new technologies we are developing. Very forward thinking, always making sure we take the innovations towards a fruitful future. The second thing is the way they run the company. Unlike any other place I've seen, they make sure their people are taken care of. In so many ways, and at all times. People Services constantly working to provide all sorts of fun events and learning opportunities. The CEO is blessed with the gift to inspire others to better themselves, a truly genuine cool guy. The rest of the executive team is ambitious and hungry to succeed, they seem to be thinking ahead and making good decisions. Very open communication, everyone in the company is fully approachable.

Cons

No bonuses or profit sharing.

Advice to Management

Keep being professional and keep seeing us as the individual person we each are.

"Fantastic Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Bandwidth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been a Bandwidth employee for right at a year now, and I'm hard-pressed to find anything negative to say. It's rare to find a company that does exciting work, in a very stable environment, while caring so much about the employee experience.

Here's a quick-hits list of why Bandwidth is so great:
    * Exciting work - we're changing the way people communicate, powering companies like Skype, Google, Vonage, and Pinger. We use bleeding edge technologies to build massively scalable voice and data solutions, and it's a lot of fun.
    * Fantastic benefits - No health insurance premiums with low co-pays and deductibles. 401k, dental, life insurance... you get the picture.
    * Work/Life Balance - when you take a vacation, your boss instructs your co-workers to not email you lest you be tempted to respond. If he discovers you're working too many hours, the CEO will come by daily and send you home.
    * Corporate Culture - the company pours tons of investment into the employee experience. Spirit week included a scavenger hunt, pizza eating competition, trivia bowl, wear your PJs to work day, and a hilarious executive dance-off. A few weeks earlier, we had a corn hole tournament. There are staff dedicated to making these things happen, and they're all documented by the company videographer/photographer.
    * Workspace - the Raleigh office used to be Red Hat's, and they built it out right. The Denver office is in the heart of LoDo, a block from Coors Field.
    * Great Management - the people running the show are incredibly smart. They're also extremely approachable. I think the CEO knows all 300+ employees by name, and can tell you meaningful things about most everybody in the company.

I wanted the experience of a startup without the financial risks and ridiculous hours, and this is it!

Cons

Any organization of size has challenges ensuring that priorities are aligned across the business. We definitely have some of that going on, especially when you consider how many things are happening in the company. The good news is that if you ask for guidance, management will give it to you.

Advice to Management

Don't change the employee experience - it's your greatest asset.