Banfield Pet Hospital - Good Experience, Hard Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Good Experience, Hard Work"

Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I got paid okay, the work is very stressful and hard. Don't get into this field unless you are doing it to help the pets. People have to realize that when they get into this field you are dealing more with the clients than you are with the pets. Annual reviews for a raise. The doctors are great but this all depends on which location you work at.

Cons

They do not really care about their employees. They hire managers that don't know anything about the field. Hours are unpredictable. You may work 9am-6pm but end up staying until 9pm. Even if a client comes in last minute you have to take the pet in, which half the time you end up wasting you time because the client ends up not wanting to treat their pet. You deal with a lot of people who could care less about their pets. The company has gotten cheaper over the years. Expect a lot of stress!

Advice to Management

Get a degree in animal science or a science related field because half the time the managers dont know anything about the field. Managers dont get paid much either, but than again I never really saw my manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Fun place to work, but low pay."

Current Employee - Pet Nurse in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pet Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fulfilling, learn a lot, great team.

Cons

Low pay, time constraints when seeing patients.

Advice to Management

Pay higher for less turnover. I loved my job, but left because of the pay grade.

"Good nurses paid less than Petsmart seasonal help"

Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Austell, GA
    Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Austell, GA

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with pets, learning vet medicine, loads of experience for the future, Meeting new people, Can be fun when doctors are not stressed out, Being in a lab, Seeing a pet recover. Saving lives.

Cons

Lead doctors not taking responsibility for their screw ups, constantly looked down on, Low pay for nurses even though they do so much more than a CSC that gets payed dollars more. Very stressful. Puzzed as to how the pay scale works for staff.

Advice to Management

Just wake up on the right side of bed in the morning then pray before you walk into work. Maybee that will allow managment to treat Nurses and staff with more respect and appreciation. Don't be afraid to give a little away to employees..... you'll get it right back x10.