Banfield Pet Hospital - Love the employees,field management is a mess | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Love the employees,field management is a mess"

Former Employee - Office Manager in O Fallon, MO
Former Employee - Office Manager in O Fallon, MO

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and other employees with same beliefs

Cons

Getting time off is hard, unstable hours available to work

Advice to Management

Get organized

Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Horrible field leadership"

Former Employee - Pet Nurse in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Pet Nurse in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, 401k, that's really about it.

Cons

where do I start, I worked for 6 years for 4 different hospitals, from Charter to 2 associates hospitals and one partner. Charter was the most horrible experience I have ever had in my 13 years as a tech. I thought going to the associate would be better and it was until a new field leader took over and decided that money should take precedence over pet care. I went from a nurse to a DPN then to the only lead over one hospital for almost an entire year with little help from field leadership. I was sent to take care of the "Bad apples" at one hospital only to find that the field director did not have my back on anything that I did and my accomplishments, (hiring and training 3/4 of a new staff, helping with the training of a new vet (new grad) and being able to keep up our nurse production and doctors APC with a good staff morale and client retention, Was all put aside when I was forced to transfer because the field leader wanted another staff member to move into my position because she had a business degree and I did not. The next location hired a manager that had no prior veterinary experience, scared of needles and dogs, and whose prior job was with CarMax really was disheartening and made me realize that banfield really did not care about pet care but money how much they can squeeze out of client and how little they pay they're associates. CLIENT BEWARE if you cancel your plan will be charged for everything service individually and not as the package you purchased. FOR future employees, long hours, no lunches and poor quality care for pets.

Advice to Management

Get a clue about what is really going on at hospital level, try hiring associates who actually care about the quality of pets and you should really review your field leaders as corporate you are operating a veterinary hospital not a wal mart or rite aid get with the program.

"Fun place to work, but low pay."

Current Employee - Pet Nurse in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pet Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fulfilling, learn a lot, great team.

Cons

Low pay, time constraints when seeing patients.

Advice to Management

Pay higher for less turnover. I loved my job, but left because of the pay grade.