Banfield Pet Hospital - Great Place to work at their home office! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"Great Place to work at their home office!"

Former Employee - Client Financial Service in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Client Financial Service in Portland, OR

I worked at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Banfield had great wages for call center work, with nice monthly bonuses. The managers for their Financial Services team had some stumbles, but by the end it was fantastic team that I was sorry to leave.

Cons

Not much interaction as a team, you would get off the phones on average once a week for a 20 minute 'huddle' and even that was introduced after I joined. You're there for one thing, to make money back or the company. Very hard to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Perhaps bring some interaction to your team a little more? They were working on it when I left though.

Other Employee Reviews for Banfield Pet Hospital

"The atmosphere of this job is absolutely great."

Current Employee - Pet Care Assistant in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Pet Care Assistant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworker relationships, enjoyable work environment. Provides wellness plans for up to 3 pets that you only pay tax on, which is around $3-5 a month compared to $30

Cons

Cannot request off during the first 90 days of employment, however can switch shifts with someone if necessary.

2. "Overworked, underpaid, but good management"

Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Veterinary Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Banfield Pet Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked as a veterinary assistant at a charter hospital, so management was a little different, but I felt like my managers and the owners really cared about me as a person.
    Banfield does try to make you grow and expand your skills. They focus a lot on training me in new areas, and regularly check in to tell me how I'm doing and what I want people to help me learn next.
    Helping animals is always a plus.
    Overall, my hospital has a very good work environment with my coworkers and supervisors.

Cons

Having to try to sell wellness plans. When our numbers get low, we feel a lot of pressure to encourage people to sign up on a plan. The plans actually are cost effective for all the services included, but they are not for everyone, not everyone treats their pets like family, especially when money is involved.
    I barely make enough to survive working at this job. But, if you sign up to work in this business, you already know that half of your clients will hate you for the cost of different services (like you are robbing them), while you make no money. There is just not enough money in this business to go around unless you work for the specialists.
    My hospital was extremely busy and had a very technician-run environment. Work was always stressful, and required you to be running around almost the entire day, with way too many things on your plate.
    You get bit, scratched, head-butted, etc on a daily basis.