Bank of America Merchant Services - Ripe with Opportunity for the Right Person | Glassdoor

"Ripe with Opportunity for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Much like a startup, BAMS has gone through some impressive early growth to become the 2nd largest player in the industry, and is now charting the path for their next step. The company is now transforming from a "medium" to "large" company in one of the fastest growing technological spaces, payments. While there are definitely some growing pains(witness the changing of the old guard), this presents huge opportunity... for individuals to with the right mindset. Despite the name, this is not a mega corporation where you can come in and coast without repercussions.

Cons

Due to the massive growth, some the processes are either outdated, or non-existent. This can be frustrating, but is changing. Also, as smaller organization, we do not enjoy the comprehensive health and financial benefits that our large partners, First Data and Bank of America do, though they are in line with companies are size.

Advice to Management

Align more with Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as opposed to the constant sales culture of First Data. This will engender more "trust" and future from our clients over the long term.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-09-21
  1. "Great job"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

great people with a desire to do well.

Cons

Wasn't in sales, but that seemed like a rough place to be.

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-07-10
  2. "A great place to work in payments"

Current Employee - Vice President Digital Strategy in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Benefits, work environment, diversity, professionalism, leadership

Cons

Building consensus for innovation can be slow across parts of the organization

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about Bank of America Merchant Services.