Bank of America Merchant Services - Overall, I've enjoyed the past year at Bank of America Merchant Services... | Glassdoor

"Overall, I've enjoyed the past year at Bank of America Merchant Services..."

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a corporate employee who works out of the Charlotte office. Experiences likely differ based on department and manager, but I'll speak to my own experience having just passed my one year anniversary at Bank of America Merchant Services. Pros include work flexibility (opportunity to work from home), autonomy for those who want/need it, and a leadership team that generally seems committed to doing the right thing.... The essential benefit package is very good and reasonably priced. I work with the best people and have a very good manager. In my opinion, the company does a great job of bringing in solid talent that pulls their weight. There aren't too many employees who just skate by doing the minimum. Again, could differ by team. In a nutshell, the company gets the big things right so I don't have any plans to leave in the immediate future.

Cons

The company has a long way to go to define a company culture, and communicating and demonstrating that culture day to day. Departments feel siloed. This is not your modern millennial-focused company (at least not yet) that gives employees company sweatshirts, fun perks/amenities, or the best technology to work with. At times there is resistance to solutions that are progressive/different from how things have been... done in the past. These aspects can be underwhelming. I would also like to see the ability to roll over a portion or all of unused vacation time.

Advice to Management

Continue to stretch what you think is traditional or the norm and aim to be more progressive/innovative. Take more of an initiative to celebrate your employees, more often. Help build pride in working for the company by giving employees company branded swag (sweatshirts, backpacks, etc). Allow for even more work flexibility (the choice of when and where to work), particularly for corporate employees where this is... possible. This is the expectation of the modern workforce.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-09-21
  1. "Great job"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

great people with a desire to do well.

Cons

Wasn't in sales, but that seemed like a rough place to be.

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-07-10
  2. "A great place to work in payments"

Current Employee - Vice President Digital Strategy in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Benefits, work environment, diversity, professionalism, leadership

Cons

Building consensus for innovation can be slow across parts of the organization

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about Bank of America Merchant Services.