Bank of America Merchant Services - New role, new rating | Glassdoor

"New role, new rating"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Inside Sales Specialist-Client Managed in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since starting with Bank of America Merchant Services, I've been approached by multiple employers to go work for them, including one competing major bank. The industry knowledge you can learn here (if you make the effort to learn it) is invaluable, and there is no better demonstration of that than the fact that competitors are constantly trying to poach talent. Bank of America Merchant Services is working on... making itself a military friendly company, and actively makes efforts to hire vets and transitioning active duty military. There is an opportunity to make good money working here, and the previous reviews about a constantly changing compensation plan aren't really accurate anymore. The compensation plan changed once in the past year, and there aren't any major changes announced for the next year. Overall, you can learn a lot that can either help you make more money within the industry (either at Bank of America Merchant Services or a competitor), or open up doors in other industries (banking, lending). The benefits are pretty good, and so is the pay.

Cons

Depending on the department or team you're on, your experiences may be different. The organization is divided into two major segments. Within the two segments, there are sales and support roles. Within sales, there are divisions based on channel and territory. In my previous role, there were a lot of things I didn't care for: - Goals within goals - Mixed or changing messaging on objectives - Behavior goals that... were supposed to help achieve revenue goals (the goals that matter), but really were a hinderance - Lack of resources (which forces you to have to learn jobs outside of your own) Within my new role, I don't have those same issues. I'm also fortunate to have a great manager who actively works with me to help me progress in my role and my career. I have access to tools that I need, and if there is something I don't have but need. I just send a request to my manager.

Advice to Management

Don't punish everyone for the mistakes of a few people. If there are problems, identify the problematic elements and address them individually. Also, investing in technology solutions can resolve a lot of the human related errors, and this will lead to increased productivity and better customer experience.

Bank of America Merchant Services2018-09-21
  1. "Great job"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say

I worked at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time

Pros

great people with a desire to do well.

Cons

Wasn't in sales, but that seemed like a rough place to be.

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-07-10
  2. "A great place to work in payments"

Current Employee - Vice President Digital Strategy in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Bank of America Merchant Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, work environment, diversity, professionalism, leadership

Cons

Building consensus for innovation can be slow across parts of the organization

Bank of America Merchant Services2019-10-01

Discover more reviews about Bank of America Merchant Services.