Bank of America - Great coworkers and leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Great coworkers and leadership."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Desert Hot Springs, CA
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Desert Hot Springs, CA

Pros

Good benefits.
Good advancement opportunities.
Good hours.

Cons

Time wasting procedural policies.
Too much micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Reduce some of the un needed paperwork.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Love the company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

People, Corporate Values, Leadership, Business Strategy

Cons

Company undergoing a tremendous amount of change

Advice to Management

Persevere

2. "Didn't love it."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Milford, MA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Milford, MA

Pros

Free banking, close to home, good name company. I am sure working in the corporate environment would be a better experience than in the banking center.

Cons

Your work experience in a small branch office is all about the manager. Unfortunately the way consumer banking is set-up, the local managers aren't closely monitored in how they manage their staff day-to-day. As long as the branch meets it's sales goals and the audits are good there is very little scrutiny. Our branch made it's goals and did well in the audit, but had high turnover due to the manager. While the manager was experienced and very good at many things, the management style was extremely dysfuntional. I felt like I was a child living in this person's house and had to follow their rules regardless. There were never 2 sides to a situation, it was always a "my way or the highway" mentality. I had a very hard time with this, particularly with the lack of outside oversight. The manager is your real opportunity for promotion/visibility and if that relationship doesn't work you are toast. I have many friends that work in corporate jobs in the bank and love it. I am also sure other banking centers are awesome, I just didn't choose the right place for me. I would advise you interview your boss as thoroughly as possible and hope it works out!

Advice to Management

I know that HR does a lot of work in trying to determine what is happening the banking centers with 360 coaching, skip level meetings, etc. However, in my experience, employees in the branch are afraid to express their honest opinion of their manager if it isn't positive. It is too risky, not worth losing your job over. I can't tell you how many time I have heard "well you know so and so, that is just the way it is." I am just glad that I realized it is not the place for me early enough to move on.