Bank of America - A great place to grow for students with good benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"A great place to grow for students with good benefits"

Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Washington, DC

Pros

It's a great opportunity for college students to get up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement while working part-time. The pay is about average for the industry, but the benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health care are very good.

Cons

In my experience working at BofA in Washington, DC the management up to the market-wide level was complacent in regular violations of worker's rights regulations by limiting employee's lunch breaks to 30 minutes regardless of hours worked. I have worked for BofA in California as well and this was never an issue there.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to allow employees to take the full lunch breaks they deserve, as dictated by law otherwise the high turnover rate will continue. Among colleagues that I have encountered, the duration of lunch breaks was consistently the issue of greatest concern.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Countrywide, Merril Lynch Who?"

Current Employee - Wholesale Lending in West Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Wholesale Lending in West Hills, CA

Pros

Legacy Countrywide... hopefully BAC will help make the organization better to work for. World wide organization, lots of opportunity to expand into other areas and growth. The firm is very diciplined, top down, with military like execution. Legacy Nations Bank at its core management. If you enjoy that enviroment this is a good place. The company's dicipline should help it maintain during slow/down times and taking advantage of the low cost of other financial businesses, growth during the good times should be exceptional.

Cons

No work/life balance, little recognition for hard work, and low employee morale. Relatively low pay for expected work commitment. This however is the mantra of the industry right now.

Advice to Management

Look at ways to take advantage of opportunity rather than letting the environment dictate your direction

2. "Very Satisfied at this HUGE bank."

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Well run organization, and given our size we are very organized. Our calaries are competive with the industry and we have a 401K match and pension plan. pension plans are VERY rare in these days and times and we still have one fully funded by the company. Overall I'm happy with the organization, although you need to move around to remain challenged in my opinion, which is good, since BofA is so large there are several opportunities and areas that you can move into.

Cons

Not all groups and business units are managed the same. For example, in some areas training is great, in others it's non-existent.

Advice to Management

More training