Bank of America - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Teller Operations Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company, huge opportunity to grow!

Cons

With banking industry going to ATM the banking center world is slowly fizzling.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Average company at best"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pennington, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Pennington, NJ

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible nothing else

Cons

No raises or advancements . Poor health care

"Not all that it appears to be"

Current Employee - Customer Service & Sales II in Scranton, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service & Sales II in Scranton, PA

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discounts, nice cafeteria, co-workers are supportive

Cons

In reading the first several pages of reviews, it appears B of A is a great place to work...It might be if you are not in a call center or higher up on the 'food chain' with the company, as were some that posted reviews. As for employment in a call center at B of A, it is not all that great. When hired I was told holidays were alternated between sites- haven't had a holiday off yet, unless it was a scheduled day off. Sure, they pay you for the day, whether or not you worked but it would be really nice to spend a holiday with my family. Upon hire they give you 3 weeks vacation- trying to take the time is a real chore. Then they have this thing called occurances that is associated with your sick time- so whether you take one day or 4 consecutive days off sick it is counted a one occurance. That means if you call off sick on Monday go to work on Tueday then call off sick on Wednesday- that counts as two occurances. After so many, they will fire you...strange set up. During your scheduled work hours- you are timed everytime you log off to go the bathroom- if you are gone too long, you will be told to take if off your next break~ I understand this is against labor laws. Be prepared to be tied to your desk and monitored on everything you do from the time you step foot in the door..It is true that nobody in this company is on the same page; you can ask four different managers the same question and you will get four different answers. I find the majority of management is not what you would expect- the women are the worst. My advice is if you decide to take a position at B of A- stay out of the Customer Serivce and Sales department- what is expected of an employee in this department in truly unreasonable. Do not buy into the 'incentive' ploy- very few get incentive, practices and procedures are at times, unethical. Yes, there is room for advancement, however you need to be with the company for at least 1 year before you can apply for another position within the company- note: you have to apply- you will not be promoted. Work environment is quite ridgid; I find it to be an unhealthy environment all around.