Bank of America - Bank of America is a good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Bank of America is a good place to work."

Former Employee - Teller in Rancho Cordova, CA
Former Employee - Teller in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is the largest bank if not second largest to today’s date. Well compensated and benefits are good. I was a teller there and I loved working there but be careful tellers handle thousands of dollars in cash, checks, deposits etc. Great working environment supervisors and assistant manager always there to help you if you need it.

Cons

Because you are working with thousands of dollars either in the accounts or in cash you must be careful because if anything goes missing over a large amount for example $25 and up is red flagged so they keep their eye on you and if it happens more than once you will be disciplined. Any mistakes made can cost you dearly because in the banks eyes your dealing with their money and the bank doesn’t want anything to happen to their money.

Advice to Management

Watch over you tellers and make sure that all mistakes are fixed before the end of the day and allow time for tellers to batch there checks and work throughout the day instead of the end of the day because I was not given that option and unfortunately my drawer did not balance and we (me and supervisors and assistant manager) could not find the outage.

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Teller in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Teller in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bank of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People were great, Good atmosphere, hours weren't bad and opportunity to advance was there if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Forced to push referrals to P B with no incentive, dealing with rude customers is never fun and can be a drag on your mood.

2. "merchant specialist"

Current Employee - Merchant Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Merchant Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

this position is extremely flexible and provides unmatched autonomy. overall GREAT position and company to work for thus far.

Cons

The training and preparation was inadequate, however there is tons of support available to help.

Advice to Management

incentive all banking center employees to refer merchant as merchant is a big piece of the boa pie