Bank of America - Salesman will love Bank of America | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bank of America

"Salesman will love Bank of America"

Current Employee - Teller in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Teller in Boston, MA

Pros

I joined Bank of America about seven months ago as a Teller, and I am shocked by how much I have enjoyed working for the company thus far. I work in a smaller branch, which may influence the environment, but my coworkers made me feel as though I had always been there. The management is friendly and approachable, and you can easily and quickly move up within the company. In fact, I've found that here, more than any other place I have worked, the company wants its employees to rise quickly in the ranks. The banks continental reach provides an avenue for me to travel across the nation without the fear of finding a new job.

Cons

Bank of America runs more like a sales company, than bank. Even tellers have sales goals.

Advice to Management

You're already the biggest bank in America, if not the world, stop forcing everyone to be a salesman

Other Employee Reviews for Bank of America

1. "Bank of America will come out on top!"

Current Employee - Service Deliery Executive in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Service Deliery Executive in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Hard work is rewarded - people who are wiling to keep a positive attitude and work hard get recognized! People who become obsessed with their performance or stuck in fear of being layed off would do better to keep their heads down and work hard. Be careful of setting your own destiny by becoming distracted. Networking is critical make sure people know what you do other than your immediate manager.

Cons

Currently poor perception of the company in the Media makes it a struggle to feel like you have meaningful work. However, if you seek it out you can find out about the great things the company is doing too!

Advice to Management

Keep up the optimisim and continuous communication!

"Good place to be an investment banking analyst."

Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Investment Banking Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Great co-workers. Strong and diversified revenue stream. Always pushing to be number 1 in all lines of business. Easy to communicate and share knowledge with product partners. Culture of helping others. Senior managers are interested in developing junior staff and try to push them to take on more responsibility. Good work facilities. On-site desktop support team is helpful. Innovative products are offered in GCSBB.

Cons

So big that individual group performance (let alone individual performance) often goes unrecognized and is lumped in with larger division. Lots of bad press in 2009 lowered company morale. Merger related stress. Exit opportunities limited compared to peers.

Advice to Management

Recognize industry groups for their individual performance. Pay your senior managers. Communicate more honestly with employees.